Friday, February 8, 2013

Museum Spotlight: Fernbank Museum of Natural History

In 2006, my family and I went down to Georgia (we were lookin' for a soul to steal) to visit our really good friends the Guinees (we were way behind, and we were willing to make a deal).  On our trip, we visited what is now one of my most favorite museums of all time: the Fernbank Museum of Natural History.  While Fernbank certainly has a large number of really cool exhibits, easily my favorite one was the one around which most of the museum is built: an enormous room with a Giganotosaurus attacking an Argentinosaurus, one of the largest theropod dinosaurs known to science attacking one of the largest sauropod dinosaurs known to science.  It was simply fantastic!  In the upper levels of the atrium thing, you could also see fossil skeletons of various pterosaurs, and there was also a fossil crocodile on the ground floor!  Fantastic!
 
 
 
Another thing that I thought was really cool was a large, life-size statue of Stegosaurus outside of the museum!  Below is a picture of my sister and I acting like dinosaur in front of it!
 All of the photos in this post were taken by Julie Neher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...